Anyways - the past month has been a rollercoaster ride of fun, bad luck, emotions and hardship coupled with a tinge of remorse and topped off with “it will be alright!”. True true…the great expanse which I now call home isn’t really that expansive! Well, its Bruchsal…a small little town who wallows in the shadows of his bigger brothers, i.e., Karlsruhe and Stuttgard. If it wasn’t for the University, this would almost be like Margate in the off-peak season. A town filled with old and boring people. We do what we can though in order to stay within the boundaries of what may be classified as “sane”.
Eerstens, wil ek net vir al die mense wat tot nou toe met my in kontak gebly het se: Moerse baaaaaie dankie! Sonder die spaarsamige emails, klein klets-sessies of blog posts, sou ek al lankal die badwater begin drink het. Don’t stop now! Ek het nou uiteindelik ingesettle hier by die Uni en die lewe is weereens n daaglikse roetine. Kom ek se eerder so, die week is n roetine, maar die dae is baie interessant op hulle eie maniere. Soos julle nou al weet, het eek ook by SAP begin werk – not exactly what I had hoped for – maar dit sal moet doen vir nou! Baie tegniese werk! Stuff wat ek al uit my geheue verwyder het om plek te maak vir nuwe stuff…en nou sit ek met die gebakte pere! (Sjoe…die woordspelings darm!)
For anyone who ever wants to go and study, work, live, play and just in general BE in another part of the world…here are a few tips:
· You will miss your family, no matter what you tell yourself
· You will miss your friends and realize that its with them that you spent most of your free time
· No matter how busy the week gets and how occupied your mind becomes…eventually, the weekend will draw you into a state of calmness and you will have time to think, reflect and wonder…
· It’s ok to be scared…damn…if I wasn’t, I wouldn’t be human (Yes, I am still scared sometimes)
· No matter what you think you know about the “real” world, as soon as you go out of your “protected” environment…its fair game!
· Language Barriers are the one of the biggest challenges you will face!
· Getting to know yourself…is the biggest…
Gosh, the above sounds like that “wear sunscreen” song by Baz Luhrmann! I know, it might sound a bit depressing and melancholic, but it’s the truth! If I can’t write it down here and tell you guys about it, there is no point in the blog anyways right???
My mid-term eksamens is sterk oppad en die stress begin my noual slaan! Eerstens, die een Proffie besluit toe dat hy nou nie die res van die termyn hier kan wees nie, so ons gaan nou sommer die vak in 5 weke afhandel! Ja, nie 12 weke soos beplan nie, sommer 5! Dit beteken dat ons sommer die hele mid-term paper vir die een n skip en skop gee en reguit aanjammer na die FINAL!!! Die gebeur nou in 2 weke…ek is nie reg nie! Op daardie selle noot, het ek n deadline by die werk in die selle week…en die week daarna, 2 mid-terms (een vir Numerical Analysis en een vir Ethics)…so die swot is nou behoorlik aan die gang!
Ok…so where was I the last time with my “dentist stories”…oh right! So, after the ordeal in the chair with the tool (read below)…I had to go see the jaw and tooth specialist. Tralalala…me off to the specialist – note, this is where I trudged in the snow on a bicycle and fell 3 times – he can’t find anything either, so I was sent to the Radiologist! Ok, so this is where I start to freak out, cause what if I am there and they do the scan…and find out there is something totally different wrong with me?!?! Believe me, strangely enough, those 10 minutes between the scan and the actual consultation, was difficult and my mind was filled with all kinds of dilemma’s and possibilities of what this scan might reveal…nothing! Absolutely sweet blou boggerol! Which, in a sense, is schweet! Back to square one though.
Nou het ek maar vir die poephol gese om my verstandtande te verwyder om te kyk of dit dalk n verskil gaan maak…die operasie is op die 9de Maart…sonder narkose…net local inspuiting! Oh glory!
Ok, so ek het n online webgallery gestig! Die address is http://picasaweb.google.com/rainerlabarre en ek sal regtig soveel as moontlik kiki’s daarop probeer load vir almal om te view! Ek is maar jammer as hierdie nie een van die beste blog posts is nie, maar die heimwee is maar rof hierdie kant en die melancholie slat vir my so hard op die oomblik…dat ek bevrees is om enigiets meer emosioneel te skryf. Ja…ek mis almal en ek mis alles…maar dis ook ok, want op die ou einde van die dag, weet ek jy mis my ook!
Gaan geweldig!
Rainer (OC)
Rainer (OC)
No comments:
Post a Comment